Rules: Once you have been tagged, you are supposed to write a
note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the
end choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who
tagged you. If I tagged you it's because I want to know more about you.
1. Like many others I wasn't going to write this post, but enough people tagged me, then a few people harassed me directly, so now I'm doing it.
2. I've almost always had a dachshund. Except when I was in college and they wouldn't let me have one in the dorm. Our dog Lucy is 8 and is a total brat. The way a dachshund should be.
3. I love BBQ. It's a bit of an addiction. The state of BBQ in Springfield was so bad that I had to get a smoker so I could make my own (I am from Kansas City).
4. I love to travel. Right now my favorite place to go is Santa Fe, NM. The food is good, the weather is good, and it's an easy 14 hour drive.
5. I'm a total food snob, but it's all about taste and quality.
6. I really enjoy street food. A lot of people are scared to buy food from street vendors. Not me.
7. I graduated from college in 3.5 years (although there were summers involved).
8. My first job was at Sears selling kids clothes. It's the only job I've had that I haven't basically designed for myself.
9. I'm a bit overly entreprenurial. I started my first company when I was 18 and have consulted with, founded, or worked for 8 startups.
10. I like to bake. If I went to culinary school it would be to become a pastry chef.
11. Language facinates me. I've studied French, German, Spanish, and Latin. I'm going to study Greek and Hebrew in the near future. I can still read French and Latin fairly proficiently, am comfortable speaking French as a tourist, and can muddle through with Spanish.
12. I broke my back rock climbing when I was 18. I have an L1-L3 spinal fusion as well as some crazy rods and screws that will set off overly sensitive airport metal detectors.
13. My wife Sarah is my favorite person in the world.
14. I once did a lot of technology writing and even more editing. That experience makes me very hesitant when people ask me when I'm going to write a book. Not sure I want to deal with it again, even in a different topic area.
15. I have no idea how to make artisanal cheese, but I really want to make some.
16. I type roughly 90 words per minute with excellent accuracy.
17. My favorite color is green.
18. My job is also my hobby which can present a problem. When I decide that I'm going to get away from work I often do the same sort of stuff in my own time.
19. I enjoy baking bread. For almost a year I baked baguettes every day rather than buying bread. I really want to figure out how to make a quality bread bowl though.
20. I've seen hundreds of movies, have a great appreciation for both art films and pop movies, but have great difficulty picking my favorite movie.
21. I've quit the process to become a pastor twice in frustration about the system. This time it's going much more smoothly.
22. When I was in college I was briefly majored in: journalism, biology, and physics. I eventually graduated with a communication degree with emphasis areas in human computer interaction and social research (there was also a lot of rhetoric and media production in there).
23. As much as I want to be able to draw I'm lucky if my stick people look like stick people.
24. I love to backpack even though it means I'm totally disconnected from technology. Maybe it's because it makes me totally disconnected from technology. I don't really have the time to do it as much as I would like.
25. On a Myers-Briggs personality test I am an I/ENTJ. I evenly split the I/E scores and score 0 feeling points on the T/F scale. People tell me it's an anomaly, and if I take it again it won't come out that way, so far every time I've done an official assessment the results are the same.
I'm tagging absolutely nobody. If you want to write 25 random things great. If not, no pressure/guilt from me to do it.